Thursday, June 7, 2012

So one of the things that's been heavy on my mind lately is that I really, really, REALLY want to do something with animals, dogs, something.  Don't get me wrong, I really like my desk job, but I dunno.  I guess I should be more grateful or something, I am.  It's just that I'm most happiest these days around this dog walking/pet sitting.  And I'd be almost willing to say that I'd take on several jobs just to make it happen.  And still, I could contribute to my RRSP as much as I am now, plus my pension contribution and still earn interest for when I'm an old fart.  That's the part that no one seems to understand or want to hear.  So, I'm forced to suppress my thoughts and thus my dreams and what I'd like to ultimately be doing in a couple of years.  That is, leaving Bay street and doing something enriching, helping others.  Fuck, why didn't I think of these brilliant career moves oh, ya know, a decade ago?!  I guess it's true when "they" (whoever they is lol) you go through several career changes in your lifetime.  And I mean, it's not like I don't know that we have debt to pay off; I do.  Like I said, it's not like I want to quit my job and say, "Hey, I wanna be a couch potato!", no that's not it.  I guess for the time being, I can continue to do what I'm doing, pay down and off debt, save money and then perhaps move into a house in a couple of years and maybe, just maybe I could get away with say being a yoga instructor and a dog walker/pet sitter.  :) That would be flippin' wicked, actually.

Went to yoga today after a bit of a hiatus, about a week.  Backs of my legs were a bit tight, that's for sure.  Mind you, I was also used to doing a month of hot yoga where you're more pliable.  Can't decide if I'll do yoga tomorrow or do a kick boxing class.  Hmmmm, decisions.

This weekend we have dock diving - I've got mixed emotions about this.. Lol primarily because they're all frou frou at the moment and look AWESOME (new groomer I found and I love her!!)  Here's a couple of pictures.



Cute huh? :)  As I was saying... Dock diving on Saturday - well, we'll give it a go. See if they jump.  Going to take the life jackets in case but I honestly don't think they'll even attempt to jump in the water with that bulky thing on, but I could be wrong.  Then at some point this weekend, whether Sat afternoon or Sunday, we'll be going down to Woofstock, I can't wait!!

If I don't write before the end of the weekend, peace!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();