Tuesday, February 5, 2013

My weekend recap

My god it's almost mid-week yet again.  Where does the time go!?  It's funny in that when you're young, all you want to do is grow up... When you're there, you want to pause time and slow down.  It's hard to believe that I'll be 30 frickin years old later this year.  I think I perhaps I figured that I'd be in my 20's forever.  Not the case, Lindsay, not the case at all. LOL

Last Thursday, it was the hubby's 36th birthday, to which we went out to a quaint little Italian place and he had his osso buco that he's had there before and loved.  After that, we had a friend over and had many, many laughs that evening.  It was really fun.

Friday, Jeff waited around all bloody day for a friend to say jump.  That didn't come til about 3:30 when he finally decided it was a fine time to move.  Well, I shouldn't save move because dude hadn't even begun his packing for frig sakes.  Not to mention, he was dusting his electronics all the while Jeff was standing around just twiddling his thumbs.  His buddy had taken a half day on Thursday to pack.. well pack my ass because there was no packing, it was all done on Friday afternoon.  Jeff started out the move, I made one pet visit and then joined up with them to get the ball rolling so that we could eat dinner before midnight.  We got him moved and all that shit and we managed to be sitting down to eat, oh I'd say at 10:45!!!

The rest of the weekend was petsitting/dog walking, which was good fun and good times, as per usal.  Below are some of the animals I looked after. :)

I finished up my last visit around 4 pm on Sunday and came home and did our laundry and made dinner later on that evening.  Oh, I made my first homemade Butternut Squash soup on Sunday evening as I was making regular dinner and if I do say so myself, it was quite yummy!! :)  I'm going to be making some tomorrow evening so that Jeff can take some up north when he heads up on Thursday night to do the dog sled race with his dad and brother.  I was invited but you can't pet the dogs as they are working dogs and I'd only get a glimpse of them and frankly, I'm not cut out to stand outside for 8 bloody hours.  No thank you.  So I'm staying home and doing a costco run, yoga classes and just hanging out with the boys.  Will miss Jeff but he needs that brother/dad time/family time.

Peace out, I'm going to the gym now.  :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();