Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Going Vegetarian and other things

I've been unintentionally putting it off but I think once the New Year hits, I'm going vegetarian.  I want to.  I need to. It's going to happen.  I've seen too much, read too much... all of which can't be undone or rather, I can't plead ignorance like so many billion people do.  I know that animals are sensitive BEINGS and I don't care if you disagree with that statement or not, it is my opinion and mine alone.  You can't tell me that animals don't feel.  Look at mother cows that have their calves taken away, same with horse... They cry for days..... Same with marine life, they bellow at ridiculous unchartered levels of decibels trying to communicate with their loved ones that are taken from them or mercilessly slaughtered.  There is no humane way to kill an animal.  There just isn't.  So, it is what it is, I'm not going to be a staunch, rigid vegetarian that turns my nose up at stuff I won't eat, I'll be polite.. and of course that's not to say I'll never, ever eat meat again, but at this time in my life, I can't do it anymore.  So I've set a deadline and I'll abide by it.

On a different note, I just got back from the sweat box aka the gym and combat class kicked my ass.  I only lasted 35 minutes of the 45 minute class, fuck they're intense.  I'm realising that I'm not completely 100% yet, almost but not quite.  I just feel gassed and low energy.  I'm about 3 weeks into taking my new meds and while I feel infinite times better than that first week/week and a half, I'll hopefully be feeling marvelous by 4 to 6 weeks.  My dilated/enlarged pupils still creep me out but hopefully that subsides too.  We'll see. I'm optimistic.  Most of all, I'm happy again and smiling and not just pretending or faking it because that's what I feel I have to do to be normal or to get by.

Totally unrelated but wanting to write about it.  So now that I'm 30, it's like I've turned into an old lady.  Jeff and I both are old farts.  We get up once, twice a night to pee and usually end up passing each other coming and going in the hall way, it's hilarious.  Not really.  It's really disruptive to our sleep!!  The boys never budge.  Charlie has been sleeping above my head or on my pillow lately, he's been quite tired.  Poor little love, life is just so damn tough.  And Baxter, the past couple of mornings he's been laying at the end of the bed stretched out and I'll pass beside the bed and he'll crawl under the covers and be my leg warmer.  I love having a warm furry beside me sleeping, it's so comforting.  That's not to say I don't like sleeping beside Jeff, lol, I do, of course!  *smiles*  Speaking of the dogs, they're over at my mom's house today for a play date with her two, along with Lily and Stella, a neighbour of ours' dogs that lives downstairs.  They go visit my mom for the day at least once a week and they come home EXHAUSTED!  It's adorable just how tanked they are.  They come home, have dinner and then both disappear into their respective hiding spots to sleep, Charlie in the closet and Baxter stretched out on our bed.

Well, it's been a busy afternoon so that's all for now.  Off home to get the dogs, go home, make dinner, wait for Jeff to get home from crossfit and then go out and buy something and make for my work potluck lunch tomorrow. 

Peace and love xo

Purty flowers Jeff got me for no reason at all



No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();