Thursday, January 23, 2014

My rant of the day - Instagram Fitness Coaches/Meal Planners

There's something that's been chapping my ass for a bit now and here it is:
Fitness Coaching/Meal Plans/Trainers on Instagram - It seems to be the latest craze everywhere I look on social media, particularly Instagram is where I'm seeing it.  Everyone and their brother is a fitness expert and you can purchase their meal plan/workout plan/etc. for a low price of ______ (fill in the blank).  Now, I know in this day and age of technology and rampant social media, we can get by with seeing and interacting with people and doing things online like we weren't able to before.  One being, coached by someone online or buying a fitness program or meal program from someone you've never met and someone who you don't know jack squat about and their qualifications.  I mean, hey, if it works for you and you're happy, cool, but I just think it's bogus.  And hey, if you can make an income from doing just that, good for you.  But that's also a lot of leg work, promoting, marketing, and sell-sell-selling yourself.  Some people also need others' motivation and support and input but I don't, myself.  Just my two cents.  I go to the gym at least 5 days a week, sometimes 6 if I'm feeling spunky on the weekend but I'm also learning that I also need rest days.  My quads and hamstrings are always tight and aching from doing squats, dead lifts, etc.  Also, in this day and age where we have tools like Google at our disposal, why the fuck aren't these people doing their own research?  Educating themselves instead of paying someone to do it for them.  I just feel like people are getting more and more stupid and more and more lazy.  I guess some people want to look and feel good but don't want to put the work or effort in. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there are legit people out there in the internets that have proper credentials but I think so many people are naïve.  And lazy.

Another thing that makes me laugh at the gym:  chicks that wear sports bras with a push up underneath.  It's like, seriously, you look retarded.  Just stop that non-sense.  Just stop.  In our spinning class, there are a few, plus there's also a few that just give oogly eyes to Scott, the instructor.  Sure he's nice looking from the neck down but dude is OLD.  Literally, STOP drooling on your bike and batting your eyelashes.  Work out.  Stop being ridiculous and get your sweat on.  That is why you go to the gym, is it not?

Another observation about the gym:  What is with the people you see day in and day out for years, still out of shape and their bodies aren't changing.  Or if you don't know how to use a machine, ASK.  It's that simple.  I totally understand that gyms can be intimidating, especially if you're new to them, but come on.  Speak up.  You want results?  Put in the work and you'll see results.  There are no quick fixes or miracles.

Alright, sounds like I'm being bitchy here so I'll leave it at that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();