Friday, October 3, 2014

TGIF!

What a bloody week it has been!  TGIF indeed. The rest of this year is going to be insane. We've got huge hearings going out on (long term), one being Conrad Black. Yes, the Conrad Black. 

I'm currently on the train home, writing this, as well as doing my midyear performance review for a meeting with my boss on Monday at 11 am. Not sure how I'll get it done in time but hey, whatever. It's the weekend and I don't give a shit because I'm off the clock now. 

Over the holidays, I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. What a good book that was, I was literally reading it any chance I had, sometimes even in the rental on our way out to dinners, even if it was just a few pages. I'm eager to see the movie, which is out today. My mom, Jeff and I are going to see it next Tuesday night. Should be interesting because I'd heard she rewrote the ending for David Fincher who produced the movie. The ending is pretty epic in the book so I look forward to how they changed it. Books that are translated into movies often pale in comparison with to what's written, most often you just can't capture that level of detail in 1.5 to 2 hours. But, having said that, I've heard Gone Girl is 2.5 hours so that's promising. Please Ben Affleck, don't let me down with your character. 

I also downloaded her first book, Dark Places, and it's just as good as Gone Girl. 

Anyways, that's enough babbling for now.

Have a fabulous weekend all ;) xo

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of Gone Girl and am very excited to read it! Thanks for the validation.
    I always feel disappointed by movies that were originally books. You just can't squeeze everything into even 2.5 hours.

    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the movie is amazing as well but I think she did a different ending to suit what David Fincher wanted, which I'm told is good as well. Won't spoil it for you but definitely read the book. You're quite right about not being able to capture the detail that's on paper within a book. I'm always skeptical about watching a movie based on a book because of that very reason. In any event, Gillian Flynn is a great author. :)

      Delete

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();