Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Uhmmmm.. It's Wednesday already?!!  Not that I'm complaining but seriously though, where the F does time go?!
 
Less than one month until Christmas now.  The weather has been all over the map here.  One day it'll feel like a mild, spring like day and then the next, you're pulling out your winter jacket again.  It makes it difficult getting dressed.
 
Last night I went to a hot yoga class with an instructor that I know through the yoga studio where I used to do karma exchange.  Wow, what a class that was.  It was a Moksha and it was a hot flow class and dang it was a good, sweaty one.  Just hours before that, I was at the gym on my lunch and doing Liane's 1-hour BodyPump class.  While I was a smelly, sweaty mess yesterday for the better part of the day, I felt amazing last night leaving yoga. 
 
Work has been busy today so I didn't get much of a work out in today, I just went to the gym to do some deep stretching, some abs, a few leg things and then rolled out my quads, hamstrings and ass on a scary looking roller that hurt like hell. 
 

 
A little more about MOI..
 
What industry/line of work am I in? I work in the securities regulatory industry and that is all I will say.
 
Travel plans for 2015?  We were toying with the idea of doing Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) next September but I feel like it's already too soon.  I'd love to go away tomorrow, don't get me wrong, but I want to save up properly so that we can do a shit ton of diving.  I'm not positive if whale sharks are on the migratory path so that we can see any there but I know that they have a marine sanctuary there where sperm whales come every year to mate.  You're not allowed to dive with them but from what I understand, you can snorkel or bob with them on the surface, you just can't dive around them.  I've seen a few videos and they're amazing.  One video showed a mother and her calf and she was just chillin in the water, probably about as curious of us as we are them.
 
Three places you could travel to RIGHT NOW?  Barbados. Bahamas (hello Stuart's Cove aka shark diving).  And Europe, I'm going to say Paris or Amsterdam.  This girl right here LOVES Europe. :)

Do you have a favorite book? Or a book that just changed your life - gave you a whole new perspective on things? Hmm, I've certainly read a lot in my day but I'd say The Yoga Sutras by Nicolai Bachman and The Daily OM by Madisyn Taylor.  Those are everyday-type books.  Of course I love me a quick, entertaining read by Stuart Woods so anything of his is good.  Same with Iris Johansen and Gillian Flynn.

What three people would you want to have dinner with, dead or alive? My Dad, hands down.  He's been gone now for 27 years.... My Grandma, my mom's mom.  She passed away in 1997 I want to say and I miss her so much.  She was such an awesome lady and I spent a lot of summers with her. For the third, I'll pick someone famous and say I'd love to have dinner with Eminem.  LOL.

Would you get a goat or a horse? What's your dream pet? "Pet" not so much but elephants.  But between a horse and goat, that's a tough one.  Horses are beautiful but goats can be funny, mischievious little creatures.  I pet sit three of them and they were like waiting little children when you arrived at the home and they heard you in the yard.  You can read/see pics here, here and here.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

var _gaq = _gaq || []; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-36821951-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s); })();